For almost 30 years of operation on the market, our Family Law Firm has specialized in particular in divorce cases. We successfully conduct divorce cases between Polish citizens as well as marriages with a cross-border element, when one or both spouses are foreigners.
Our lawyers provide comprehensive services in divorce cases, they will take care of favorable settlement of all issues related to divorce. After analyzing the facts presented by the client, we will assess whether there are premises for divorce and whether there is fault for breakdown of the marriage. We provide support at every stage of divorce pre-trial and court proceedings, including:
We will answer every question, clarify doubts and indicate what actions should be taken to get a divorce decree – at a meeting arranged at a time convenient for the client, as well as during a telephone or online conversation.
Written legal opinions
We will analyze the marriage and divorce case to indicate its strengths and weaknesses, and propose optimal solutions tailored to the client, present and describe the next stages of divorce proceedings, actions necessary to take and a list of evidence to be gathered.
We represent clients in settlement discussions prior to divorce and in mediation proceedings with the other spouse.
Divorce proceedings before the court
Our family attorneys provide comprehensive legal services, ranging from jointly establishing the strategy of divorce proceedings, gathering evidence, preparing and filing a petition for divorce, through participation in hearings, preparation of pleadings during the divorce proceedings, to the final divorce decree.
Our Family Law Firm also provide occasional legal assistance to parties to divorce proceedings who stand alone before the court, i.e., we prepare petitions for divorce, responses to the petition, pleadings, evidence motions and appeals. Divorce lawyers will also take care of all side issues resolved as part of divorce proceedings – maintenance, contact with the child, parental authority, division of joint property.
How to get a divorce in Poland?
- consult with a family lawyer – family lawyer will help you determine if the Polish court is competent to hear your case, we will present you your rights and options, explain how to prepare to the divorce proceeding, prepare the list of evidence to gather,
- gather evidence and documents – which you will file to the court along with the divorce petition,
- prepare and file at court a divorce petition – unfortunately there is no form of the divorce petition, every divorce is different, so it is important to rethink what you are expecting from the divorce decree, write your demands and justify them properly,
- prepare for the court hearing and your testimony – there will be at least one court hearing,
- prepare questions for the witnesses – you and your spouse may request to hear your witness at the court hearing to prove your statements, it is important to prepare appropriate questions to the witnesses,
- appeal against the divorce decree – if you are not satisfied with the divorce decree and you want to change it you may submit an appeal against the divorce decree, you appeal will be recognized by the second instance court, in your appeal you must point out the mistakes of the divorce decree, your requests and write a justification.
Legal issues after divorce
After getting a divorce next step should be to initiate a case for the division of marital joint property. Our lawyers will help determine what is included in the joint property of the spouses and which components belong to their personal property. We would be happy to assist in the conduct of negotiations and litigation concerning division of joint property.
For a period of 3 months from the divorce decree, you have the right to change your surname and return to your family surname. Our lawyers are ready to help you also with this issue.
For more informations please see our Divorce Guide.