New General Inspector for Financial Information reporting website
New reporting website in Poland
As of February 23, 2022, the General Inspector for Financial Information (hereinafter: “GIFI”) launched a new access page to the SI*GIIF system. It is significant for all Obligated Institutions operating in Poland, which under the Polish AML Law are obliged to:
- notify the GIFI of circumstances that may indicate a suspicion that a money laundering or terrorist financing offence has been committed,
- inform GIFI in case of having a reasonable suspicion that a particular transaction or assets may be related to money laundering or financing of terrorism,
- notifying the competent prosecutor if Obliged Institution has a reasonable suspicion that assets being the subject of a transaction or accumulated on the account are the proceeds of an offence other than money laundering or terrorist financing, or a fiscal offence, or are connected to an offence other than money laundering or terrorist financing or a fiscal offence
- notifying the GIFI of a transaction that may be related to money laundering or terrorist financing,
- inform on above-threshold transactions.
Functionality of a new platform
GIFI aimed at making reporting easier for Polish Obligated Institutions and also aimed to meet WCAG standards.
The new GIFI website launches a service enforcing saving on the user’s disk a visualization of the completed and sent to the GIFI information about the transaction: cash, transfer, exchange, notarial, and the form identifying the obliged institution.
Those Obliged Institutions which MLRO has a qualified signature, after logging in to the SI*GIIF system, will gain access to the last sent identification data of their institution. The new solution is to provide the possibility to edit the previously entered data so that updating them becomes easier.
You will find the new website at www.giif.mofnet.gov.pl/nowa, and at the link provided at www.giif.mofnet.gov.pl, with the new system available from 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday to Friday until March 4, 2022.
The existing website will be available until March 31, 2022.
Until March 31, 2022, it will be possible to submit information on above-threshold transactions using both the new and the existing site.
Questions or concerns – contact our law firm
Should you have any questions or doubts, we encourage you to contact our Law Firm. Our lawyers from the Polish AML law practice team will be happy to answer your questions. Inquiries can be directed to: [email protected]