Doing business in Poland by foreign entities, as well as Polish entrepreneurs, in many cases involves the need to employ foreigners and, consequently, legalize their stay and work. More and more often in recent times there is a situation of lack of specialists or managers with the appropriate qualifications necessary to occupy the appropriate position on the domestic market may occur. There is also a situation when a Polish employer posts an employee for a long period to enterprise in another country in order to perform work abroad.
In recent years, the largest share in terms of the number of immigrants in Poland is held by citizens of the former USSR, primarily Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Armenia. Polish employers are more and more willing to employ foreigners from these countries, not only for physical work, but also in mid- or senior-level positions, as well as IT specialists and engineers. The provisions of Polish law introduce significant facilitations for employees from the above-mentioned eastern countries, which allows them to be employed quickly without making a break in work during a procedure of issuing a work permit and also to avoid the Labor Market Test.
The international profile of our Law Firm and cooperation with lawyers and foreign specialists help us to provide comprehensive legal services to business entities in projects involving the posting of staff and the legalization of their stay and work in Poland or another EU or non-EU country. When implementing these projects, we take into account both migration, tax and administrative provisions in force in the foreigner’s country of origin and place of planned stay. We help employees from abroad in contacts with labor offices, Border Guard, competent regional authorities, courts and other state and local government authorities. The full list of countries in which we provide legal services in the field of migration law can be found in the Contact Us bookmark.
What we do?
- For entrepreneurs and business entities only:
- legalization of stay and work in Poland and the EU
- residence and work permits
- EU Blue Card
- submitting a written statement of the entity entrusting the performance of work
- Labor Market Test
- registration the EU citizen’s stay in Poland
- preparing legal opinions on the application of migration regulations
- posting employees from and to Poland
- employment contracts, contracts of mandate, contracts for specific work for foreigners
- consultation on visa matters, social security, rules for taxing the income of foreign employees
- other services