On 10th of January 2019, at the initiative of the Polish Financial Supervision Authority, the first meeting of the Interministerial Directoral Committee for FinTech was held, which includes representatives of:
- Polish Financial Supervision Authority,
- Prime Minister,
- Minister of Finance,
- Minister of Digitization,
- Minister of Entrepreneurship and Technology,
- Minister of Investment and Development,
- Office for Competition and Consumer Protection,
- National Bank of Poland.
During today's debates, the PFSA presented a bill amending the regulations on the activities of entities from the FinTech market. The proposed changes include, among others:
- introduction of a test license for entities from the FinTech regulatory sandbox,
- introduction of a register and regulation of crowdfunding platforms' activity,
- liberalization of regulations defining the use of cloud solutions and banking outsourcing,
- introduction of a small electronic money institution,
- introduction of a small insurance company (activity based on an entry in the register),
- liberalization of the regulations governing activities as a small payment institution.
We are undertaking actions to gain access to the content of the draft amending the act, but at the moment it is only of a working nature for the internal needs of the Committee.