Changes in VAT and property tax related to COVID-19
The special scheme is amended as follows with regard to VAT:
- The new VAT rate matrix will become effective as of July 1, 2020
- The deadline for submitting new JPK_VATs for large companies has been postponed to July 1, 2020
- Protective value of Binding Rate Information will become effective as of July 1, 2020, thus individual interpretations of VAT rates will continue to apply until that date
In property tax:
- The municipal council will be able to introduce, by way of a resolution, for part of the year 2020, exemptions from real estate tax: land, buildings and structures related to business activity, to indicated groups of entrepreneurs whose liquidity has deteriorated due to negative economic consequences due to COVID-19.
- The municipal council, by way of a resolution (and not the head, mayor or president of the city – as originally designed), will be able to extend the payment dates of the property tax instalments, payable in April, May and June 2020, until September, 30 2020 at the latest, to the indicated groups of entrepreneurs whose liquidity has deteriorated due to the negative economic consequences of COVID-19.